FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bank of America Travel Rewards + Preferred Rewards = Up to 2.775% everywhere card?
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:25 am
anthonymoody

Originally Posted by tangfish
Yep, I do, so I will make a little pocket money by paying via credit card instead of check.
Yup. It's amazing how so many cc payment possibilities are opened up at 2.625%. Property taxes, utilities, all sorts of things that charge 1.5-2.5% are now in play. My monthly cc bill has spiked, but I'm seriously racking up points and have been able to get the travel credit without issue.

One pain, and I'd welcome input from others here, is the BofA travel portal. Every. Single. Time. I go to actually book a flight, regardless of airline, itinerary, dates, etc. when I actually hit 'send' at the very last step, it tells me that the flight/fare is no longer available. Yet, when I redo the search, that same flight/fare is listed again.

I've had to call customer service to book, which doesn't get you the additional credit technically since it must be booked in the portal itself. Then a transfer to account services to get them to manually give the credit. One CSR told me I hadn't gotten to the portal "the right way" whatever that means. Nothing I've tried has worked.

Any thoughts here?