FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WS announces Canada to London-Gatwick
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2015, 9:57 pm
rehoult

Originally Posted by chx1975
Erm, the wrong price displays one screen before they show the actual price. I mean it's not like the price just went up: the same wrong price is still shown on many dates and it's available exactly nowhere. As far as I am concerned, this is the same as grabbing something off the shelf in Safeway just to have a higher price scanned. Even if the cashier warns you.
Yeah, and it's a tax issue that is happening regardless of Plus fare selected.

For example:
On the flight selection page: 1,570 + 15 + 230.26 = 1,815.26 CAD
On the purchase summary: 1,570 + 15 + 377.56 = 1,962.56 CAD

The difference is the additional 71 GBP ADP that is due on Plus fares.

The WS fare selection grid system isn't setup properly to adjust the tax rates on the fly, so it's doing it after flight selection. Same reason they are making you call in for passengers aged 12-15 to LGW, because their system can't yet remove the APD based on birth date.

I've got very little good to say about WS, and agree that the above is ridiculous, especially considering they are using Sabre which can easily handle it. But having said that, as much as you'd like to believe otherwise, it's not false advertising and it's not actionable with the competition bureau, because the final price is clearly displayed as part of the check-out process as is legally required. I wouldn't bet $0.01 paying $1000 that you'd win a complaint based on the above.