FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many are REALLY leaving UA?
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2015, 1:09 pm
Assimilated Cajun

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
This past week I flew my last few segments on UAL for the foreseeable future. These flights got me to 75,000 PQMs for the year and thus Platinum for 2016, which is the best I could have done anyway in light of the PQD requirement. In a couple of days I'll begin the last of my four Asia trips for the year, this time on AA and CX. I'll earn about 80,000 RDMs on this trip, about three times as many as I would have earned on United. And 34,000 EQPs, which will extend my EXP status through February 2017. As I noted in a couple of previous posts on this thread, the two AA flights I've already taken since beginning the EXP challenge were pretty good: upgrades cleared 100 hours out, capable and friendly flight attendants. On the downside, I've had some long waits on the dedicated EXP reservations/customer service line, and the agents on this line seem to vary from superb to terrible, but this is no worse than on the United 1K line. I'm still a little bit sad about leaving United after all these years, but I'm looking forward to the 1-2-1 seating in AA trans-Pacific business class and to spending some time in the CX First Class lounge in HKG.

Last edited by Assimilated Cajun; Nov 8, 2015 at 1:17 pm Reason: Arithmetic