FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHs strategy: discussion thread for customers, investors, consultants & armchair CEOs
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:39 pm
FD1971
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by N1003U
Those firms certainly have some good people, but the depth of the skill could certainly be debated. I would argue in such a firm being well-connected is much more important that actual skill.
What is actual skill?

They went to a very good University plus a top Business School and also got a PHD from a good University. Additionally, they have all the data they need and are subject to high level projects each and every week....

Originally Posted by N1003U

Why not, if they can make a business out of it? And it seems they did, at least for a while, until they steered the ship onto the rocks.
I did quite some research about SR and the flying operations start to bleed cash around 1988. I was not able to figure out whether stupid internal pricing approaches resulted in artificial profits at units like Catering or Maintenance, but from a pure cost perspective they were not competitive anymore long before airlines like SN or AZ started to lose control of costs

And revenues back per km 25 years ago are certainly not comparable to today. Kudos to LH for fixing a really broken airline. ^