FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread
Old Nov 6, 2015, 8:11 am
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
From the viewpoint of DL, he's not a GM his he has some other FF number (for another airline program) associated with his PNR. He can't simultaneously use the flights to earn VS or whatever status and get DL elite benefits.
That is true by policy, which is exactly why in my suggestion I said he is not entitled to GM benefits but may still, in the real world, be able to receive one if he asks nicely as a favor.

Or he can swap out FFP numbers as someone else suggested.

Originally Posted by cmd320
MCO-ATL-MCO, $206 booking into X class. Offered $84 each way for an upgrade to F, or $35 each way for an upgrade to C+. On one hand, I feel like if I'm going to buy C+, I might as well just go the rest of the way to F. On the other hand, it's a 1 hour flight and I feel like even a middle seat in the back would be adequate for such a minimal time in the air.
I've literally spent more time getting to the airport for that flight than time on board the plane.