FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees
Old Nov 6, 2015, 6:53 am
christianj

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I for one have taken advantage of the 2for1 Travel Together ticket for the last couple of years. I was able to rack up points due to my $30k spend annually and also due to business travel at 2 points per $1 spent on BA International BC flights.

With the program devaluations as well as the earnings changes (on Everyday spend) I will cancel the card when my annual fee comes due next month. I have already moved my credit balance over to two other Chase cards in anticipation of cancelling the card.

I enjoyed the 2for1's while the ride lasted (even with the taxes and fees) but the award costs have gone up while the earning potential has gone down.....add to that the crappy food and service I have had during my last two Business Class flight on them to Europe from the US and I'm done! The 56k points I have in the program are safe since I can always transfer in points from AMEX MR, CSP UR and SPG.