FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Air Canada meals for International Premium Economy Customers
Old Nov 5, 2015, 2:06 pm
HometoYYZ

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Oct. 20, 2015
AC007
YVR-HKG

Opted for the pork, but the beef appears to be a familiar domestic J offering. Good meal, although the salad was quite boring. Odd that drink (Clamato) was served in a plastic cup... usually you get the J tumbler with the first meal. If you get one for water, and guard it carefully, you can keep it through the whole flight.

Despite the order mentioned on the menu, the "light meal" was served next, about half-way through the flight. Opted for the beef, which was tasty enough for Y food... but clearly Y food.

"Sandwich and cookies" was served a few hours out of Hong Kong. While the sandwich presentation is awful, I found the simple chicken salad sandwich hit the spot, and did me fine until well after arrival into HKG.

Oct. 22, 2015
AC008
HKG-YVR

Had the pork again. Again pretty good. Salad was a little less disappointing than the outbound salad. In both cases, dessert were quite good. On the flight, got both wine (Y class and not very good) and water (same as everyone else) in a proper glass tumbler. Managed to hold onto the water tumbler throughout the flight.

Woke up to find the sandwich and cookies sitting on the tray table of the vacant seat next to me. Sandwich not as good as outbound, but did fine.

Breakfast served less than an hour prior to arrival. While I almost always have the congee in J, the congee here didn't appeal to me, so went with the eggs. Not great, but perfectly acceptable for Y food.

All in all, I wish they'd up the quantity of the first meal just a little bit, and raise the bar just a touch on quality on the second and third meals, but if J is not in the budget or upgrade cards, PE's not a bad way to go.