FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Things you miss about US Airways
View Single Post
Old Nov 5, 2015, 1:55 pm
Captain Flush

Here's something I miss: being able to stand and stretch for a couple of minutes outside the lavs on a mid-con or transcon narrowbody flight without being ordered back to my seat. On US this was never a problem, and more often than not I'd find myself engaged in a quick friendly chat with one or more of the FAs working the rear galley. Every time I've tried this on AA, I notice that the galley is either roped off or barricaded with the service cart, and I'm promptly told that I can't stand there (sometimes after a brusque and suspicious-sounding "Do you need something?" and sometimes without any such pleasantry). Usually I'm alone and just trying to get my circulation going again; occasionally I'm taking a quick walk with my infant daughter to get her a change in scenery, which always keeps her quiet. But universally, I'm treated like I'm there to either steal alcohol minis or harass the flight crew, or worse. I don't get it. I really hope it doesn't become the new standard across the fleet (haven't been in Y on LUS metal since the final US flight).