FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quickest public transport route from intercity to Boston
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:22 am
Efrem
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by tanri
If you have a lot of extra time, definitely take the Silver Line; you'll get a slow motion tour of the most boring parts of Boston, and you might sort of feel like you're in a big non-posh limo because you may well be the only passenger onboard.

If you do want the quickest route, just walk a couple blocks to the Aquarium stop and hop the Blue Line two stops to the airport right away. Theres a reason the Blue Line is crowded and the Silver Line is empty.
Obviously, locals differ on this. When I'm at South Station (since I live south of Boston, that happens more than once in a while) I always* take the Silver Line to the airport. The Blue Line is a fine way to get to a transit station named "Airport," but that station is outside the airport proper. Once you get there, you have to wait (it can seem like forever) for the bus that takes you to the airport itself. The Silver Line drops you off where you want to be.

Last edited by Efrem; Nov 5, 2015 at 9:11 am