FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 4 High School Students LAX to Europe for the first time to Europe. Strategy sought..
Old Nov 5, 2015, 5:37 am
Romelle

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Romelle,

I don't usually disagree with your posts, but on the subject of Dublin we part ways

Been there twice, and if circumstances were right might return (come to think of it have a cancelled flight there and back using miles, but it may be too late for that).

Dublin is OK, and may be more fun for young people, but I like architecture, trees and things to photograph, and found Dublin a little lacking. But it does have its charms.
I can't think when I've disagreed with you either.

My attraction to Dublin might be the 1/16 Scotch-Irish I claim? With Scotch-Irish supposed to mean some Scots booted out of Scotland and sent to Ireland. Dubious ancestry claim.

Anyway, there is of course Guinness and Jameson, The Book of Kells, scones, Trinity College (I rented a room there, and the dining hall was right out of Harry Potter), Grafton Street, St. Stephen's Green, Apple's tax haven, those charming accents, scones, the Liffey river, did I mention scones?, and I look great in green.

My 22-year-old grandson drank his way through there and also said he had a great time. I didn't push for details.

Romelle