FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHs strategy: discussion thread for customers, investors, consultants & armchair CEOs
Old Nov 4, 2015, 8:12 am
Tafflyer

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
In the past, I would always choose Lufthansa above any competition. This was also made very easy for me to do since,
- they had the routes
- they were always punctual and reliable
- their aircraft were comfortable
- they gave very good service
- they looked after me when things went wrong
- they rewarded my loyalty

Now, I will usually avoid them when there is an alternative, because of my list above, only the "reliable" part generally remains, and that only from an aircraft point of view, not from a service point of view. Everything else has been enhanced away. I really cannot bear the back pain I have every time I get out of a NEK seat after 2-3 hours sitting in it. I hate it that they keep finding ways of not giving me miles in my *A program of choice. Why should I pay the same fare for a LH-marketed flight operated by a cost-saving operator that gives me neither lounge access nor service on board, that is often not even communicated before I've bought the ticket.

If they marketed their flights as "Operated by EasyJet" would people still buy their tickets? If your initial reaction to that is "no", then why would you ever book a LH ticket for a GermanWings flight, since in my opinion EasyJet offers at least as good a service right now.

Sad times. And I feel for the pilots and crew. The airline has gone downhill despite them, not because of them as LH management would have us believe.