FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Augustine, Luxury Collection, Prague, Czech Republic [Master Thread]
Old Nov 4, 2015, 6:16 am
richarddd

Originally Posted by faust343
Edit after the stay - It is a beautiful property in the very central point of Prague providing easy access to sightseeing points while making you feel relaxed in the quiet atmosphere as soon as you step in the hotel.
Agreed

As a plat, I chose the breakfast benefit - but at the check-in I had to mention this explicitly as no special platinum welcome, which is continental open buffet, all warm dishes are extra in the menu, even the grilled tomatoes or bacon. We ordered egg benedict and omelet in two separate days where we saw the quality and the cooking are not so consistent.
The continental open buffet had warm dishes, including steam table scrambled eggs. More warm dishes were included on the full menu.

We were impressed with the restaurant at dinner.
The building itself is beautiful, but they have serious problems with the service and how to make you feel welcome in a luxury collection property, unfortunately it was one of the most unwelcoming stay.
It is beautiful, but our check-in experience had serious issues (which they did try hard to remedy). Other service could use some improvement, but I wouldn't characterize it as "one of the most unwelcoming stay"
If you plan to travel to Prague in these times, go directly to FS or MO where you would feel the luxury and get you pay for.
The check-in and other service at the Prague MO are in another league. Which I'd choose if we go back would depend on the price difference. At a large difference (whatever that means to you), I'd recommend the Augustine.