FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHs strategy: discussion thread for customers, investors, consultants & armchair CEOs
Old Nov 4, 2015, 4:17 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Great contribution - thanks!

Originally Posted by N1003U
Thanks for the comments.

If one is able to make the employees more productive somehow, you land in a situation where everyone benefits. If you are not able to make the employees more productive and need to further cut personnel pay, the way forward there is not necessarily much easier, as we see currently...@:-)
Thanks for the great contribution, N1003U!

Very openly spoken I think there is only one opportunity to make people more productive per "cost Euro": The remuneration per flight hour has to be reduced.

There are different ways for doing so. But I am convinced that there is something like a natural productivity barrier in air travel and service business. :-:

If you rationalize too much and the contact to the customer is minimized the customer has no time to realize that this is a high-level product and not just another low cost carrier clone.

That said e.g. just throwing a standardized mineral water on the Eco Pax on medium-haul and thus decreasing the workload during the drink's run seems not to be feasible.

I remember an example of a company in the coffee business that for a long time has been displayed as the one and only blueprint for successful business: After increasing the procutivity by new machines and thus reducing the customer wait times the turnover was down.

Simply due to the fact that a specific preparation time is an intrinsic value for the customer experience. The share regained after the previous experience was reinstalled.

Although I can't understand what is so fascinating about coffee with a choice of NN top-ups and ingrediences it seems to be that the customers want to have a specific interaction time when buying a service.

Edit & Forgotten argument:
IMHO all partners have to pay a contribution during a restructuring or a modernization phase: The passengers paying their contribution every day due to the introduction of the NEK (30 inch) seats instead of the former 32-34 space between the rows.

Last edited by gum; Nov 4, 2015 at 4:27 am