FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Augustine, Luxury Collection, Prague, Czech Republic [Master Thread]
Old Nov 4, 2015, 3:07 am
faustthetraveller

Originally Posted by faust343
I have booked 2 nights in Augustine for next weekend.
How are the Plats treated in terms of breakfast, shall I expect continental or full buffet breakfast without additional cost? SNA is still pending.
And also any experience with the spa?
Edit after the stay - It is a beautiful property in the very central point of Prague providing easy access to sightseeing points while making you feel relaxed in the quiet atmosphere as soon as you step in the hotel. As a plat, I chose the breakfast benefit - but at the check-in I had to mention this explicitly as no special platinum welcome, which is continental open buffet, all warm dishes are extra in the menu, even the grilled tomatoes or bacon. We ordered egg benedict and omelet in two separate days where we saw the quality and the cooking are not so consistent.
They do not use the standard Luxury collection towel sets, therefore we had the polyester mix bathrobes which disturbed me honestly. The evening turndown is also poor, they do not do anything else entering into your room, no towel change, no empty water bottle change, even no a small sweet bite on your bed...
The building itself is beautiful, but they have serious problems with the service and how to make you feel welcome in a luxury collection property, unfortunately it was one of the most unwelcoming stay. We tried the SPA, and may say it was so so..
Hope they would improve soon and reach the SPG standards.
If you plan to travel to Prague in these times, go directly to FS or MO where you would feel the luxury and get you pay for.