FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frontier withdrawing from TTN?
View Single Post
Old Nov 3, 2015, 10:22 pm
Jerseyguy

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Originally Posted by GSBEWR
Exactly who else would move in? United is at EWR. American is at PHL and JFK. Although Delta is hubbed at both at JFK and LGA, they probably have enough coverage at both EWR and PHL. Spirit is at ACY, so I can't see them doing anything out of TTN (though I couldn't guess what might happen IF Spirit buys Frontier).

So who is left? Southwest? Allegiant? One of the small Regional or Commuter carriers like Silver or PennAir? If they think Frontier couldn't make TTN work in the long-term, why would they move in?

It seems a lot of what has happened in the Northeast (ILG and IAD; plus, it seems, TTN) hasn't met the current owners' expectations.
Delta and American serves SWF which has a similar catchment Delta to Detroit and AA to PHL.

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Maybe TNN is a failed experiment. Frontier is not shy about pulling out of routes that don't met expectations.
From what I've read on boards like A.net frontier is returning some of its A319s to their leasing company and the A320 neos are delayed. Also the A321s are not coming in at a fast enough pace.

This is supported by the fact that F9 is doing the same cuts in Philly. unless of course you claim they are pulling out of there too.