FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst
Old Nov 3, 2015, 6:32 pm
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
EWR->LAX (new ps service)
Breakfast

This was a pretty disappointing flight. Again, details in the other thread; direct link to my post here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post25651242

PDB of choice

I had a mimosa which was served in a plastic wine glass. I assume it was prosecco.

New style menu. A single piece of heavier card-stock. One side had the food menu, the other side had the drink menu. Interesting to note that the drink menu has no indication whatsoever about wine.

No service for the next 1 hour, 15 minutes while the FAs socialized in the galley. Then, the tray drop with both courses at the same time, including the first drink service. Mimosa now served in a soda glass.

I ate the entree first, while it was still warm. It was tasty and well presented. After I was finished with my entree, the bread basket was offered with a choice of cinnamon roll or biscuit. No second pass offered.

Bottle of water offered about 2 hours after meal service...when I asked them for something to drink and mentioned there was usually a bottle of water on ps.

We started descent and the announcement was made to prepare the cabin for arrival. Shortly thereafter, a rather hurried distribution of a poorly-baked pre-arrival cookie on a paper napkin was made.

FA then started to offer drinks (in plastic cups ), but only made it through row 1 before having to sit down for landing.

Overall, a very poor showing.

(Again, sorry for the pic size. Some are scaling down immediately, others seem to be taking their sweet time. At least for a short period, you can get a very close up view of a plastic-cup mimosa.