FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHs strategy: discussion thread for customers, investors, consultants & armchair CEOs
Old Nov 3, 2015, 11:47 am
N1003U

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by gum
And it will clearly show how odd the actual situation in Germany is - to risk a company just for that issues.

That's just my opinion hoping for a faster compromise.
Thanks for the comments.

Anecdotal evidence from observations of passenger traffic (or lack thereof) in FRA is that it is already getting quiet in LH-land as people with a choice are proactively re-booking ahead of the strike so as to minimize their travel disruptions. I will be really interested to hear the spin that LH management puts on the financial impact, which seems already like it might be significant. I suppose that the TAs pissed about the GDS charges are always happy to re-book people away from LH these days anyway.

From a strategic point of view, one can see highly paid personnel as a cost that is not longer justifiable and thus need to be minimized, or, alternatively, one can examine as to whether the work structure of highly educated, trained, and solution-oriented personnel can somehow be adjusted to increase productivity and thus make the absolute level of their pay less important.

I am not saying that either path is more or less feasible, just that there is logically a strategic choice. If one is able to make the employees more productive somehow, you land in a situation where everyone benefits. If you are not able to make the employees more productive and need to further cut personnel pay, the way forward there is not necessarily much easier, as we see currently...@:-)

Last edited by N1003U; Nov 4, 2015 at 3:42 am