FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Unaccompanied Minor / UNMR Policy and Discussion (consolidated)
Old Nov 2, 2015, 12:50 pm
vatali

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, Mariott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Unaccompanied minor fee on linked iten?

So yesterday I got an email about my flight numbers being changed on a upcoming STL-PHL-FRA flight (us air numbers to AA numbers) on miles. I had originally booked it for 2 seats, but due to a CC fiasco, my ticket cleared but my daughters didn't. about 2 weeks after ticketing, I noticed hers wasn't ticketed, and the agent said the only way to fix it, since mine was ticketed, was to split the iten. No problem, seats kept in the same place, what did I mind.

Anywho, fast forward to yesterday. I log in my account to make sure everything is fine, and it is. I log into her account and it says that its a status of ticketed, but an extra fee is required at the airport or reservations. I call international reservations, they say the ticket looks fine, but they cant figure out what the charge is, and they forward me to someone who can. On the phone with that person, I'm told I need to pay a $150 fee for an unaccompanied minor. I explain that they are not unaccompanied, and that my iten matches hers. They looked it up, said they once again linked it, that the message wouldn't go away but I wouldn't be asked to pay at the airport.

Anyone else had this happen to them, and is there a way to avoid any surprise at the airport?