FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Multi-million dollar investment in onboard food and beverage options
Old Nov 1, 2015, 9:00 pm
titaniumfemme

Programs: MileagePlus and a bunch of hotel programs
Originally Posted by transportprof
I don't believe that special meals of any kind are available in front cabin flights domestically, except perhaps to Hawaii.

Your meal service sounds pretty typical of United these days, for whatever that's worth.
Not a big deal, but apparently the special meals (including gluten free) are available on domestic p.s. Premium Service flights. I wasn't on a p.s. flight, so absolutely right that no special meal of any kind would have been available.

Maybe I've been lucky, but that meal hasn't been typical for me. I fly BF a fair amount and this was by far the worst meal I've had, at least in terms of nutrition. This was on my return flight -- the meal on the flight to EWR was quite manageable. Not great cuisine, but not a total carb fest, either.

In any event, this was a chance to vent a little, which I clearly needed to do. LOL. I truly did learn my lesson and I won't count on being able to eat the meal point forward. Thanks for listening.