FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Routes (Flights) and Hubs (Speculation, News and Discussion)
Old Nov 1, 2015, 1:52 pm
akarneboge

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Xero
DL still does not consider LAX a hub even if it has more flights than SEA (a hub). In my point, I am going by what what I feel is defined as a hub (not AA's marketing department considers hubs). A focus city is defined as an airline has service to several destinations other than its hubs. Thus, BOS meets this definition.

With so many hubs in the northeast (JFK/LGA, DCA, PHL), BOS could be vulnerable.
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
It is? Boston is better than ever. It's a huge metro area without a legacy hub. Fares are reasonable to pretty much anywhere. International expansion has been incredible. BOS is a great place to fly from if you're not wrapped up in a single airline's loyalty program. I don't see much sadness in the corridors of BOS (except gates C40-42).
I guess I should rephrase by talking about all the gates AA used to have and the routes that they have cut or downgauged over the years. For the airport as a totality, it is better than ever, as long as you're airline or alliance agnostic. It is great that AA has picked up many of the LUS routes. I agree that it does meet what most would consider the definition of at least a "focus city".