FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2, 3 & 4 Million Miler Gift {program changing May 2020 - bonus miles instead}
Old Nov 1, 2015, 7:24 am
NeoOfTheCRS

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by PPM
I just crossed 2MM and am truly shocked with the lack of acknowledgement for this degree of loyalty.
I think your expectations are a little out of whack based on reality. I would say that what you experienced was over and above normal recognition of million miler recognition. I received zero "special recognition" at 2MM and didn't expect any. I got the kindle fire and thought that was nice.

If you are looking for airport staff to throw you a party and shower you in Dom and Caviar, you probably haven't been flying united much.

Mileage Plus and the Million Miler program is still the best in the market compared to the ceilings that American and Delta have installed on their plans. The United benefit is that you can conceptually rise to lifetime GS and have it gifted to your spouse/SO. No other program does this. I am not defender or apologist for United by any stretch of the imagination. But after the royal screwing I received on the AA/US million miler merger and the worthless SkyPeso program, it is still the best, despite the terrible devaluations UA has made over the past year.

Last edited by NeoOfTheCRS; Nov 1, 2015 at 2:32 pm Reason: throw not through