FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated]: Luggage Tracking Solutions (was: Trakdot to help you track your...)
Old Oct 31, 2015, 5:11 pm
gpeso8

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
I purchased a Trakdot last month before taking a three week round-the-world trip. Overall, I have been pleased with the device and I am happy I made the purchase. I will be purchasing two additional units before my next trip in December.

My itinerary was as follows: LAX-TPE-CGK-SUB-HKG-PVG-FRA-MAD-LIS-BCN-MUC-MEX-LAX. TPE, HKG, FRA and MEX were only airports where I was in transit all other airports were destinations.

In every airport listed above the Trackdot eventually registered the location of the device and sent me a text message and e-mail confirming that my luggage was at the airport. Generally, the length of time for the Trackdot to register was less than 10 minutes from arrival at the airport. The one exception was at TPE. While in transit at TPE it took over an hour for the device to register the location, which was disappointing.

The other airport I had an issue with was at Munich. When arriving at the airport my device registered the correct location as MUC. About 25 minutes later I received another another text message indicating my device was at MXP. I'm not sure what happened as my bag certainly did not run off to MXP in the 25 minutes I had been at MUC.

Other than those two small hiccups I was very pleased. The battery life was also better than expected. Looking forward to using the device in the coming months at ORD,SIN, NRT, DPS, BKK and CMB.