FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice: Best use of Amex companion ticket and 100k Avios?
Old Oct 31, 2015, 1:51 pm
praveenshere

Ideas on BA Amex 2 for 1 voucher

Hello all,
This is my first post - so please excuse me if similar queries have been asked elsewhere.

I have BA Amex Platinum Plus credit card and have received the companion voucher. I understand I can use the voucher on flights originating in UK. I am thinking of using the voucher for a longish trip to East Asia covering Japan, China (HK, Beijing) and maybe one of Singapore / Malaysia.

My queries are:
1. Is it possible to club all these places into a single itinerary using Open-Jaw rules? If I am splitting the trip - say for e.g. London to Tokyo into London to Singapore and Singapore to Tokyo, is there any restrictions on time limit between the 2 flights? Can I spend say a week in Singapore and then continue to Tokyo?
2. Same with the return - if I plan for a flight departing from a different location than my onward destination with a stop-over, can it be done?
3. If this is not possible, how would you plan such a journey in order to get maximum benefit from the companion voucher and also cover most of the places mentioned?

Thanks,
Praveen