FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The dust has settled - which hotel credit card is now king?
Old Oct 30, 2015, 10:50 pm
jediwho

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sosamo
I have:
Chase Hyatt (got the 2 free nights. Used it for Park Hyatt in Paris, and Milan. They both run for about $700+). Some are getting targeted with the 50k Hyatt points + 5k for AU. This might be better for like the Park Hyatt Hochiminh, Vietnam which is Cat 4. You can get 3 nights with the 50k points.

Citi Reserve (got the 2 free nights. Used it for Hilton in Venice. Keeping it, put $10k spend a year to get the 1 free night)

AMEX Surpass (got the 80k points, and use this card to get Hilton points)

AMEX SPG

I had:

Chase Fairmont (got 2 free nights, Stayed at The Savoy in London. Canceled after the AF hit. I should have kept it. You do get an annual free night, and upgrade / breakfast certs).

Chase Marriot (got the 70k points. Canceled after the AF hit)

Cards I want to apply for:

IHG (trying to save my hard inquiries. Probably won't apply for a CC within the next 6 months)

Wyndam (I would want to apply for this, but Barclay is pretty strict. I already have 3 barclay card, probably won't get approve.

Cards I won't apply for:

Carlson
Why not Carlson? I have Fairmont, Ritz, Hyatt, Wyndham, Citi Hilton and plan on keeping all of them. Planning to apply for Carlson in six months and was just curious why you don't think it's worth it.