FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tight connection QR to QR
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:56 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
CX and QR have additional agreements that go beyond the reciprocities oneworld partner usually already have.

OW partners can endorse over passengers in irreg situations without asking the operating carriers. What I posted is what a QR agent would see when trying to accommodate you on the next possible QR option. The next choice will be oneworld options, the the so called OAL which have interline agreements with QR. VA has an interline with QR, but is 3rd in line for the options they are going to agree to.

QR will put you in the class of service you originally in, so I don't think they will downgrade you.
Thank You for the explanation. Music to my ears! I do think QR would put us in business on QR's own flight, but I have doubt on the CX flight or the QF flight.

I have never had less than an hour connection time to a long haul. I worry because ZAG-DOH is not a popular flight like, SIN-DOH to connect to long hauls for example. There might not be enough inbound passengers that have tight connection so QR might not hold the DOH-SYD flight should ZAG-DOH is delayed. So it is really good to know that QR and CX have agreements beyond the normal one among OneWorld partners.

Let's hope the connection would be smooth given QR sells this itinerary it must be their day-to-day operation.

Last edited by Happy; Oct 29, 2015 at 8:03 pm