FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coming in 2016: HR Bloomington MN, near MSP and MOA
Old Oct 28, 2015, 8:44 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Coming in 2016: HR Bloomington MN, near MSP and MOA

There's a website up with details but no opening date yet.

This seems to be new construction. The hotel will have 303 rooms, including 14 suites and 12 accessible rooms, and a club lounge There will be a "market" (deli-like F&B outlet, presumably similar to the Market at the HR in downtown Minneapolis) in addition to a bar and a full service all day restaurant focusing on local fresh foods. (Again, this reminds me of the HR in downtown Minneapolis.) Other facilities include event space and an indoor pool on the second floor. I'm sure there will be a health club too.

The location is just south of I-494, between the MSP airport and the Mall of America. Information says that the hotel will provide shuttle service to both as well as within five miles (which of course does not include downtown Minneapolis). The hotel is apparently being built right at a light rail station (Bloomington Center, for the blue line to MOA, MSP, and downtown Minneapolis, including stops at the baseball field and the pro football stadium that's under construction). There will be lots of free (outdoor) parking plus paid valet parking.

I envision this place as a new upscale (full service, of course) Hyatt property in the upper midwest. It could function as a great airport hotel, similar to the Westin in DTW or the Hyatt at DFW, although it's obviously not located right at the airport, in the terminal or on airport property. It's probably within about a mile of the HP MSP Airport, but on the opposite side of American Boulevard.

Obvious competition would be the newish Radisson Blu at MOA (attached to the mall, but with no free parking and no airport shuttle) and the J W Marriott also at MOA due to open next month.