FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Online camera stores ...
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:10 pm
anrkitec
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PTravel
Because of Al Jazeera's anti-Jewish/anti-Israel bias.
I haven't really paid enough attention to Al Jazeera America to assess whether or not they have an "anti-Jewish/anti-Israel bias" but the author of the article in question made no claims of her own which need or need not be "taken with a grain of salt". She simply reported what B&H employees were telling her. As I said, I doubt that she manufactured those accounts.

No. The cited article isn't about a gender bias lawsuit, but about B&H supposedly compromising worker safety.
Yup, I mistakenly conflated an earlier lawsuit against B&H with this most recent article.

No one has said anything about a conspiracy.
The poster I responded to suggested that the reporter's accounting of what B&H employees were telling her were suspect and not to be trusted not because of any facts yet in evidence to the contrary but merely by virtue of the fact that she works for Al Jazeera America.

If this reporter and Al Jazeera America manufactured these claims then that would in fact be a conspiracy.

Do you have a cite for that?
As the federal agencies listed do in fact have regulatory jurisdiction over the workplace it seems self-evident to me that B&H's "labor concerns" - or anyone's for that matter - are in fact not just "their own" but are in fact of concern for society at large.

YMMV.

I make no claim to know whether or not these latest accusations by these warehouse workers have any merit. They very well may not. But I do know that this is the third [or fourth?] significant labor-related issue B&H has had in the last few years and see no need to dismiss out of hand these latest claims simply because the first major news outlet to report on the matter wasn't the New York Times or WaPo.

Actually, as a 30-year customer of B&H [made my first purchase at the age of 14] I would hope that these claims either aren't true or are at the very least being greatly exaggerated. But given B&H's past troubles in this area I am willing to consider the possibility that the claims being made by the warehouse workers might have some merit.

Last edited by anrkitec; Oct 27, 2015 at 9:18 pm