FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]
Old Oct 27, 2015, 4:34 pm
noob23

Originally Posted by RogerD408
The bolded items are the kickers from my point of view. The promo's intent is to drum up new business. The CC credit will happen no matter what and it would not make sense to only include accounts renewing in the window. Now is that to say MR IT won't mess up and count those nights? No. Are they likely to? No. Would you be successful in arguing the point if you don't make the required stays? No. Are you willing to risk not making the promo? Only you can answer that.

Yes, the CC nights will count for your status. Yes, the CC nights can rollover if you exceed your status tier. But I have never seen CC nights, especially anniversary gifts, count for a promo. There may be exceptions, but I haven't seen any.
I think that's about right, which is why I'm like if it counts good, if not I'll live. For me I'll hit gold regardless, the bump from platinum isn't that much of a difference. Unfortunately my stays will be in December, so I won't know till the end of the year to help anyone else.