FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aa: Ord-nrt-cgk-nrt-ord - $896
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:19 am
zznoname

Originally Posted by fnuhenry
I think i missed this promo. Is it still valid "5x Jan to feb 2016"
No "Promo".

The thread that caught my attention was started by Vishesh on August 8, 2014.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...t-4-2-cpm.html

You can consider routing AA, xNRT for a better chance at the SWU, and much shorter connection times. Another option is xHKG, thinking MCE, row 16 (legs stretched out on the Rolly), and the 15 + 4 hours (39A bulkhead), is better than 13 + 8.

For many, the MAJOR drawback, the deal breaker, to routing xHKG, is the 15 hour overnight LO in HKG, and other long LO times.

NOTE:
After arriving HKG, AA 137 @ 18.35, the CX @ 19.10 connection time is too short, and CX @ 00.10 is not a code share flight, so you're out the next day at 09.25-13.20.

If your Emerald status, like extra lounge time, and think the fancy food and drinks are a perks, than xHKG is the better option.

But having said that, it is a bit excessive. There is an additional 7+ hours LO in HKG on the return. So, regarding traditional MR construction, the LO times are horrible, absolutely horrible.

Travel tips:
"Before the DFW connection, you'll want to get an AA boarding pass with PRE"
Went to a local market around 04.00..."

In April 2015, routing ORD-DFW-HKG-CGK, the average ticket price = $921. Nine months before a Jan 2015 departure, MCE was empty.

On many days, the MR, routing NRT, is still pricing our around $900.+ (see below).
The HKG routing, explained above, is now much more expensive.
Routing NRT has WAY better connection times, than xHKG.
Without xDFW, the AAmiles are much less. ORD-NRT-CGK = 6,274 AAmiles
Flying ORD-DFW-NRT or HKG-CGK = around 11,000 AAmiles

On many days, the MR, routing NRT, is still pricing our around $900.+.
Play with the dates, http://goo.gl/flights/QUAC

Last edited by zznoname; Nov 6, 2015 at 5:36 am