FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHs strategy: discussion thread for customers, investors, consultants & armchair CEOs
Old Oct 26, 2015, 9:00 am
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Speedbird48
When did I mention that this is from an enthusiasts point of view? Everything I said in the Lufthansa forum was from a passenger POV. I am not just upset about the 744, when I said 90% of their routes I meant all their routes that used to have any First 744 or not. Do you have a problem with avgeeks? You seem to dismiss all my comments on the ground that I am an "aviation enthusiast"
No, I have a problem understanding your commentary and complaint, which seemed to be that you're mad about the bed+seat product on the 744s not being available any longer, and now is evolving into something else that I can't quite follow, but I'll do my best.

Lufthansa is NOT removing F from 90% of their routes. A good chunk of their routes haven't had F for a very long time, if ever (European routes flown on shorthaul aircraft- I'm not familiar with what LH might have done in the 1960's or 1980's on those routes, so I plead ignorance on some stuff). They are removing F from some longhaul routes where F apparently doesn't sell well enough to justify the cabin space compared to other products. This is common for airlines to not offer F in all longhaul markets; SQ doesn't, CX doesn't, QR doesn't, QF doesn't, JL doesn't; all of which have well-regarded F products. So your complaint doesn't seem to have much merit, given how many other airlines offer similar F products but do not offer them in all markets. One might think a self-described "aviation enthusiast" would account for this in their arguments.