FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should I ease out of the Velocity FF program ?
Old Oct 25, 2015, 11:54 pm
eastwest101

Programs: QF Silver, VA Gold
Originally Posted by in2it54
Here's the problem. They look cheap up front, but by the time you add the addons (seating, food, luggage, fees) you near normal prices.
What a pack - Air Asia, Jetstar, Tigerair.
In Y (at a reasonable price), it use to be good for getting your Sector count up. All going/gone now.
Garuda is the only mainline operator left offering direct flights.
Exactly - I take your point about add-on costs with LCCs such as Air Asia, Tiger Air, Jetstar etc etc, I am aware of this, I was just pointing out to the OP that their choice in loyalty program shouldn't solely be dictated by who flies to DPS.

There are other places in the world that are not DPS, and Perth does have a variety of international airlines serving it, the OP need to figure out their current domestic patterns within Australia and their planned patterns overseas (whether originating from Perth or via DPS to other places) and work out what works for them. Unless QF route planners suddenly remember Perth and announce increased services or the OP definitely knows they will be on a lot of QF planes and not many VA planes in the future, then walking away from Velocity would seem a bit weird in my opinion.