FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Christmas flight from hell. What could I have done better (UA/SQ)
Old Oct 25, 2015, 11:15 am
FlyWorld

Originally Posted by madguy2
*******I don't mean to antagonize anyone. I'm just asking for calm advice on how to avoid "disasters" like this.*******

Well, that's pretty much spot on the money. I'm probably going to go home for Christmas assuming scheduling works out fine. I'm just wondering what I can do to avoid things like this from ever happening again.

Original routing is MSN-ORD-IAH-SIN-KUL. Why was it chosen? The travel agent booked it. It was cheap. Probably either $1400 or $1600 for a flight near christmas.

This was basically my second ever transcontinental flight in my entire life.

Being 19 years old and subjected to alien regulations means you keep quiet and follow whatever people say. Throw a fuss and things start to get hairy. I don't even know if I should be writing this paragraph down.

There was a unknown length of time delay in MSN. At ORD, I wasn't aware that 2-hour wait times at the UA service desk were standard.
Boy, did I learn that lesson.

How do you determine if it was booked as a single ticket or multiple ticket? I only have one e-ticket number starting with 618 and ending with 812
Tell us your origin, destination, and travel dates and let us tell you how we would book it.