FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ 1: Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles, essential programme information
Old Oct 25, 2015, 10:24 am
bilofsky

Programs: TK *G, HHonors Gold, UA 0.547MM and ex-1K but we gave up on each other
I'm trying to understand requalification for TK Elite / *G. The requirements are 25,000 miles in the first year or 37,500 in two years.

I have UA and TK FF plans. I want to extend TK *G status but after that bank award miles in UA because their expiration can be extended. So I am trying to figure out how to keep TK *G longest with the fewest miles.

It seems like the best bet is to get close to 25,000 during the first year but not go over, and then credit the other 12,500+ miles as late as possible in the second year. Does that make sense?

If I get over 25,000 miles in the first year, then any miles after that go toward a new 25/37.5k requirement, correct? The original second year no longer applies?

And if I get, say, 26,000 TK miles in the first year, do the extra 1,000 miles apply toward the next requalification? Or does it start from zero again?