FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotwire - Given Lower Star Hotel Than Booked
Old Oct 25, 2015, 2:53 am
Tuneman1984

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Hotwire Replied

Got a reply from Hotwire on my BBB claim. They basically just gave the same cookie-cutter response I got from customer service and refused to re-book or provide a refund. Curiously, the person replying said "I understand the customer had concerns based on the star ratings seen on some other websites". Um, no, I was concerned simply with the rating on YOUR website, and giving me a hotel you plainly advertise as belonging to a lower rating than what I booked.

I replied to say I was not satisfied and included the screenshots for all the star collections, showing the Quality brand in 1 and 2, and nothing in 3 which I booked. Trouble is, the business now has until November 5th to reply, and my trip ends on Nov 3rd. I did also say I would be sharing the screenshots with my credit card if I chose to dispute the charge. Trouble is, I'd now have to risk booking a 2nd hotel on the chance that maybe this one gets refunded either my Hotwire or my CC, and I can't really risk paying twice for one stay.

So, it looks like I'll just have to go ahead and take it, but rest assured I will never be booking with Hotwire again in the near future, and I'll be sure their management is aware of this after my stay. I have zero tolerance for bait and switch.