FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!
Old Oct 23, 2015, 9:21 pm
beagledog11

Originally Posted by AmeriKop45
The only harm is that they won't give you the card.

If you want the card - call in. You'll get it.

If you don't want it, don't.
Absolutely not true. The general consensus in most of the chase threads is to not call unless you get a denial. Most apps will work their way through the system and get approved, but if you call, they will ask you a bunch of questions and there is a very high rate of denial. Check out the applying for Chase credit cards thread for more info. As a data point, earlier this year my husband applied for SW and BA and I applied for SW Buss. All went to pending and I jumped the gun and called. They asked many questions, including why so many recent apps, why do we need so much credit, and when it came to the business card, a million questions about the "business". In the end, all 3 were denied. The reason cited was more than 5 new cards in 24 months. Now that is not supposed to apply to co-branded cards, but Chase reps have it so ingrained that many will quote it on all cards. Fast forward 6 months, and I have applied for 8 Chase cards between myself, husband, and 2 parents, including all 3 that we were denied for earlier in the year. All have gone to pending for anywhere from 1-14 days. I have not called on any of them and eventually all 8 were approved. There is absolutely no harm in not calling and waiting for a decision. The odds are that the app will work it's way through and be approved. If it does not, and it gets declined, you can always call recon. There is definitely more chance of harm than good when calling on a pending app.