FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HA A330 getting Lie-flat seats - will AS upgrade ETOPS first class?
Old Oct 23, 2015, 12:37 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by diver858
http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...lines/74256568

The relatively cramped first class seat pitch on AS is adequate for shorter flights, but for tall people like myself (6'2"), it can get uncomfortable on longer flights. With HA stepping up their game, perhaps AS can do SOMETHING on ETOPS equipment.

Sure - there is a big difference between wide and narrow body aircraft, I expect AS will stick with 737s, but the current hard and soft product could use some improvement to attempt to remain competitive.
AS doesn't like subfleets with different seating configurations. Note that they ripped out the forward lavs from their 739s (which were a subfleet).

Also, the most likely way to enlarge the F cabin is to shrink the pitch in the Y cabin. 30" pitch like UA/AA for tall people like myself (6'2") gets VERY uncomfortable on longer flights, and one of the reasons I fly AS is that I can get at least 32" pitch in coach in EVERY seat in the cabin. But I guess I don't count since I'm in coach.