FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Involuntary Denied Boarding on Baby's First Flight
Old Oct 22, 2015, 7:52 pm
jljones000

I finally received a response to my online complaint from United. The text of the email is as follows:

Dear Mr. [OP]:

Thank you for contacting us, regarding your flight 5607 operated by SkyWest Airlines. I am sorry to learn about your experience.

United Airlines strives to have the highest level of professionalism exemplified through our services and employees. Based on your comments, regarding the lack of customer service. This is never acceptable. I truly apologize that we did not meet your valid expectations for quality service during this trip.

If our airport staff is able to arrange alternate transportation and you arrive at your stopover or destination within one hour of your original flight, no compensation applies. However, if your alternate transportation is planned to arrive at your stopover or destination more than one hour after your original flight, but less than two hours you will receive compensation at the rate of 200% of that segment. Our records indicate you were rebooked on flight 4299 departing at 6:20 and arriving at 8:05. This can be found on United.com by clicking on our Contract of Carriage at the bottom of the page. Please view Rule 25A
Paragraph 4.

I have also went in and refunded $200 chg fees $69 BHP $55 BHP $69 BHP $59 BHP $25 EX1 $25 EX1 totaling $702 in change fees, upgrade fees, and bag fees.

You may check the status of the refund by using the link below at United.com, and your ticket numbers above beginning with 016.

http://www.united.com/web/en-us/cont...7B948F14CA1116

We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you on board a future United Airlines flight.

Kind regards,

L**** ****
Corporate Customer Care
First, it still appears that United believes that we were not denied boarding on our second flight which is incorrect. Second, it isn't even clear from the email if they are offering any compensation at all. I followed the link in the email and the status of my "refund" is still pending so I'm not sure what exactly they are offering, but this isn't going to cut it. Thoughts?

Last edited by jljones000; Oct 22, 2015 at 8:44 pm