FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!
Old Oct 22, 2015, 7:13 pm
bonsai500

Originally Posted by BayAreaResident
Recently applied for the Premier and Plus cards, and was approved for Plus on Oct 11, and Premier on Oct 12. When I look at the online account, the Plus card has its first due date showing up as Dec 7, and the Premier card has its first due date as Nov 23. What should I change these to so that the companion pass points post as early as possible in the new year, and when should I complete the minimum spends? I'll have no issue quickly meeting the spend requirements whenever is ideal, and have received but not activated or used the cards yet.
I am going to try answer this, and if I am wrong, hopefully someone will correct me.

Chase needs all payments due by the same day of every month in a calendar year. As such, the last payment due that they accept is the 28th (since February only has 28 days). That would give a statement date of the 31st in December, which is bad. As such, make your payment due date the 1st, and your statement date should then be the 4th of every month. You would then have between December 5th and roughly December 22nd (to be sure they post on your January statement and taking holidays into account) to spend all needed money. Your points should then post a few days after your January 4th statement, well in time for your January 11/12 completion date.

I have read a few posts where people called Chase to change their payment due date, but then Chase neglected to do so. This caused people to lose their CP, so if you change your due date, make sure you follow up and get it confirmed that you have a new due date.

Last edited by bonsai500; Oct 22, 2015 at 7:20 pm