FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Two new Diners Club USA MasterCards. Applications suspended mid November 2014.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 5:43 pm
tmiw
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by spgbus
I have Citi Prestige too... After $250 flight credit, it is a $100 AF card for higher TYP redemption rate on AA. I will probably keep it. As far as DC Elite, I am really not sure... it is good card with true PIN security. I paid off $300 AF with points and the rest of points were either transferred to Marriott for LTP or redeemed as tailored travel credits... Will decide next month...
If it's PIN you're after, there are a couple of other options. They're going to require that you join a credit union (UNFCU/First Tech FCU), however, and the best rewards they'll offer you are statement credits/cash back for the most part. IMO Diners Club is still the best/only "true" chip and PIN option for those who prefer points over cash.

But honestly, chip and signature (with a PIN backup) is probably fine the vast majority of the time. "True" chip and PIN is nice as a convenience though.