FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2015, 12:25 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by jlemon
24. In early 1968 this airline inaugurated service from Tucson to La Paz, Mexico. The flight continued on to Mazatlan. Identify the airline and the aircraft used.

I'll guess this was Bonanza Air Lines operating a DC-9-10 "Funjet". If so, I believe the flight also continued on from Mazatlan to Puerto Vallarta.

Correct on all counts! Shortly afterwards, the Bonanza brand passed into history as the airline merged with Pacific Airlines and West Coast Airlines to for Air West.

25. So far as I know (now there’s a qualifier for you!) this was the only airline to operate Boeing 727-100 and 727-200 combi aircraft designed for passengers and freight. Can you identify it? (And any others - if you can...

25. First Air a.k.a Bradley Air Services Ltd. operating both types primarily in Canada....although the carrier did operate a Boeing 727 combi in scheduled service at one point between Ottawa and Boston.

Right on, JL! Any other operators of both 727 combi variants out there?