FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015)
Old Oct 22, 2015, 11:43 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by neony77
FYI - I know for a fact that the serve loads didn't count towards the $30K to hit SPG gold when I tried it a couple of months ago (still had soft serve then) but now after the redcard demise back on VIPserve. Loaded a couple of times using my SPG card..hopefully they count towards the $30K spend but based on my experience I doubt it. (If you look at your pdf statement towards the end they clearly state how much of your spend has qualified towards the $30K for SPG gold)

Someone else asked about serve loads counting towards $6500 minimum towards OBC - based on my experience it didn't count (again this was a few months ago so not sure if it is different now)
Based on reading numerous data points over the past 6 months, here is my observation on how the load would count.

1) in a majority cases, the loads do count towards meeting minimum spend to earn the INITIAL bonuses. There are a few exceptions but I forgot whether they were all related to business cards or just card specific.

2) Virtually all subsequent spend requirements, be it to qualify a status, earn EQM, or the meeting the threshold spend like the 6500 OBC, the loads DO NOT COUNT.