FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2015, 6:57 am
N1Rotate

Regarding the origin of the regional F, it is not a US influenced thing but rather historically in the Gulf upto the early 2000s regional F was common. KU and GF even operated 3-class A320 with a regional Business Class (2-3 seats) slotting in between the regional F and Y. Also worth noting that in Qatar the government and government related entities travel policies allow regional F for relatively junior staff.

ashkale,

I was not referring to fare classes or the variation of fares and revenue management. I was commenting that QR's passenger profile is different than that of CX/BA/QF. QR relies on connecting passengers much more than the aforementioned carriers and therefore commands lower yields in general and that these "Fake F" passengers earn QR proportionally much higher revenues, so it makes sense for QR to value them and saying that QR's typical long haul business travellers are paying $4000 to $6000 is not an accurate observation because most of QR's premium pax are connecting and paying much lower fares.

One final note, QR is taking into account the needs of OWE/OWS pax in Y with the future expansion plans so its not like QR doesn't care about this segment at all. Anyways I don't want to go on too off topic, I hope we get back to the subject of the Al-Safwa.

Last edited by N1Rotate; Oct 22, 2015 at 7:03 am Reason: Going off topic and returning to topic.