FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A380 First Class
View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2015, 1:53 am
NZbutterfly

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
Not to dash your dreams, but the divider is semi-useless really, as it's at the other end of the cabin, away from your seat. So the only time it's useful is if you're in bed next to the other person, or you're both sat back there and turn the TV to face you, but it's not very comfortable. I rarely fly by myself, so not being able to easily converse does become a disadvantage, albeit a small one (who doesn't like peace and quiet, right? Uh oh, dog house for me ;-) ) as you have to go into the other cabin to chat to your partner, but the cabin is so large that most of the time she spends her time in mine and we end up eating together too.
Yes I did notice that about the divider. There's been lots of pictures, reviews and pros and cons posted on here and blogs so I feel I have my expectations in check. When he's in bed is when he's most prone to snoring - which is when he most needs to be prodded I'll be doing the cabin a favour! Not too concerned about the rest of the flight. I'm positive I will go and bug him but we are ok doing our own thing too. Eg we have different preferences for movies so will need some time apart.