FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Oct 20, 2015, 1:05 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gardengirl
I'm new to this thread. Found it because I was reading through the 2015 Shutdown Thread and it was referenced. After a couple days of picking my way through I'm only on page 3 of the Shutdown thread. Now this one has 25 pages. I'm trying to do my homework here but can someone please help? I was on page 1 of this thread and wondered, should I go 25 to 1 instead of 1 to 25? Are the Wiki like "Cliffnotes"?

What I'm trying to learn seems the same as many others. How much is too much? Our local Chase branch woos and coddles us. Today was the first time I read "Don't bank with Chase and have their CC's". What??? I thought that was being a well-rounded customer.

So back to my primary question. . .do you read threads end to beginning? How far to you go back in dates. . .6 months, a year?

Thanks for any tips.
There is no sub for reading as that is the only way to pick up the data points. But there are more efficient ways of reading.

For a new topic I would read the first 10 pages to get an understanding why such thread exists, and then from the end back up to the minimum 6 months to pick up the latest.

Also it is a good practice to copy/paste something jumps out to you while reading to a note pad of some sort and then later refer back to it - because I am sure unless one has photographic memory, one would inevitably find it fairly confusing after reading pages of various threads without taking down some notes as one reads along.