FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KA baggage allowance on UA ticket originating from USA
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:33 pm
PdxPdx

Programs: United 1K
KA baggage allowance on UA ticket originating from USA

Hi,
I booked an international round-trip on United.com originating from US location to a third country via HKG. US to HKG is UA, HKG to the final destination is KA with 23 hr layover at HKG. Only after issuing the tickets did United tell me that the checked bags will come out at HKG and need to be rechecked with KA even though it is single itinerary and less than 24 hours.

Now, I am wondering if anybody knows what will be the baggage allowance for my KA flight in this case? I asked United and Dragonair but they give different answers.

As United Premier Gold, as I understand allowance should be 2 x 70lb when checking at United counter in USA. But will KA honor this at HKG for rechecking at second leg? Reading their website (http://www.dragonair.com/ka/en_IN/tr...n-baggage.html) it seems they honor the MSC/FMC allowance (which is UA in this case), but the telephone agent does not seem to agree. The eticket receipt says 1 x 50lb free for all legs, 2nd bag 50lb $100.

Any experience? Thanks in advance.