FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thailand: Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket - incl QR Business B787 & A380 and Amanpuri
Old Oct 20, 2015, 5:05 am
chris1979

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
we didn't actually use the bar during the flight (it was a 2.05am departure) but this is what it looked like before take off

and later on about 40 mins before landing (the steward had just finished packing everything away)

the Y cabin is behind those curtains but they are stronger than normal curtains.

the doors in the bar are 'covered up' during the flight

The steward said there were a few pax in the bar for a few hours at the beginning of the flight. I can see how it's a nice space to use and relax in on a) a longer flight (ours was only 6 hours) and b) a flight that isn't bang on nighttime (as said, 2.05am departure).

I do wonder though whether it's an expensive (space consuming wise) gimmick that may not catch on / survive future cost reviews.... (in general not just QR). Doesn't mean I didn't like it - but I couldn't stop myself from trying to work out how many J or Y seats one could fit into the same space (and no, I'm not an accountant ).

The toilets on the 380 are smaller than the 787 toilets but have various nice touches.

including a rather un-airplane water tap