FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:40 am
Pseudo Nim

Programs: Occasional RTW club
IC Ishigaki

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Absolutely phenomenal (multiple stays)

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Ambassador BOGO this time + 1 points night (3 nights total). Upgraded to Royal Suite. Again.

How are the rooms?
The Royal Suite is amazing. The view is surreal: full panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean, and the suite is huge. Terrace is spectacular.

How is the exec. lounge?
No lounge, unfortunately.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Yes, it changes every time. It's nothing spectacular, but a local gift of some sort usually.

How was the minibar?
It's decent but not amazing. Two Asahis, two Orions, a half bottle of white/red and undrinkable awamori (well, I'm sure some love it). Also tea and water (no Coke or anything).

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
- the treatment I continuously get at this hotel is unbelievable. It's on my top 5 list of ICs at this moment in time.
- Rooms are nice - maybe not the newest hotel, but everything is well equipped and excellent.
- Good facilities on the property - pool, 18-hole golf, 18-hole mini golf (where have you seen that??), sticky golf (yes, there really are three golfs)

-Bad
No lounge, unfortunately, and no breakfast for RAs.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Points-wise it might be a little bit on the expensive side (50K) but dollar-wise it can be had for decent prices. If combined with a BOGO, it almost becomes affordable I've been advised to explore some of the domestic Japanese package rates, though - the upgrades still apply, and apparently breakfast can be had in an otherwise affordable rate. I haven't done this yet, but intend to check it out.

Would you return?
Yes; partially because I love Ishigaki as a place, but also because of how well the hotel has been to us.