FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015
Old Oct 18, 2015, 11:01 pm
Smiley90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Sully the Scarer
OK, I need to vent.

BA Gold, last year over 40 long haul legs in J/F. As a result I have a big pool of avios (500k+) and a couple of Gold Upgrade for Two vouchers.

I've tried to book to take Mrs S and the little one to St Lucia in November. Not a single premium seat available - not in E+, J or F - out or back. Speaking to the gold card hotline, and nothing.

So I called my other airline, United. I only have basic status with them, but I have a lot of miles from a few years ago. Within 5 minutes, I'm offered J/F availability on most days in November, with much lower taxes.

How on earth can this happen? How utterly useless can Avios be that a top-tier customer spending over £50k a year on travel can't get any priority above someone who uses their BA Amex card to buy their weekly groceries? "BA Gold get extra availability of economy seats" - is like offering the coffee shop manager a latte. I want premium seats - because thats how I fly. But they're all gone - probably to people who just buy a credit card and got lucky.

On that note, I'm done with BA. I put my gold card in the shredder, and I just won't bother anymore.

Rant over. Thanks BA Exec forum, I won't be attending any longer as there doesn't seem to be any reason.

Grrrr.
Where are you flying from? I see PLENTY of availability in premium cabins on the CLT-UVF flight on AA, the rest is a matter of connecting.