FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}
Old Oct 17, 2015, 9:52 pm
Pat Plus

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by JamesHNL
Will be arriving from EWR on UA and connecting on LH to FRA on a separate ticket. Connection time is 90 minutes. Is this sufficient time and will I have to pass through immigration and customs or can I just stay in the departure area? I will be flying in business on both UA and LH.
It's a very easy connection. Both UA and LH operate from Terminal 1, from two different satellites.

You *will* need to go through immigration, just like at any European airport, as you'll be entering the Schengen zone. Then you'll walk over to the satellite used by LH and go through security at the gate.

If you don't have bags, you should even have time to enjoy Lufthansa's (underground) lounge briefly.

If you do have bags, things will get a tiny more tricky as bags typically take a while to show up. Go through customs, follow the signs to baggage claim, then exit the airside area, go one level up to Departures, recheck your bag, then go straight to the LH satellite. If you can, ask UA to interline your bags all the way through FRA. YMMV, but if they do it, you'll save time.

Of course if your inbound flight is late, it's a whole different story.

Edited to add: one more thing, as a business class passenger you can cut the line at security. Look for a sign saying "acces no.1" and scan your boarding pass. A gate will open.