FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Poll: 87 percent of frequent flyers unhappy with TSA (Flyertalk & FBTM Magazine poll)
Old Oct 17, 2015, 12:14 pm
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by txrus
I see you've been to PHX T4 where such sightings are the norm
Yup, another example of TSA's consistent inconsistency - and the complete lack of control at HQ.

How else to explain HQ rolling out and marketing a program that individual airports and checkpoints may or may not choose to support?

In any private business, that would be false and misleading advertising and the customer would be entitled to demand his/her money back because the paid-for services were not delivered.

Note: this is the same issue the former TSA employee Ross Feinstein encountered when he tried to address the 'please say your name' issue. He was sitting at HQ and hearing that the practice had been discontinued - except he seemed unaware (and he shouldn't have been) that FSDs are free to disregard HQ if they so choose. IIRC, another TSO once posted here that an FSD can exceed HQ demands, s/he just can't relax the rules - and HQ can't (or won't) do anything about it.

Back to the OP: I don't care any more if TSA makes me safer or not. I just would like to see the checkpoints handled more like they are in most of the rest of the world: keep your hands out of my clothes, don't steal from me, don't shout and insult me, and please keep your face and hands out of my crotch and buttocks.

Last edited by chollie; Oct 17, 2015 at 12:19 pm